FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWER
One and two hours fire rated certified
- What is a fire check/fire retardant door?
- A fire check/fire retardant door is one
which protects us against fire, heat, flame and smoke for 30, 60,
90 or 120 minutes. It is a rectangular frame/structure made of
wood, metal or both which was previously used in industrial
purpose only, (e.g. boiler furnace).
Why should we use
- A well designed timber fire door will delay the spread of fire and smoke without causing too much hindrance to the movement of people and goods. Different parts of a building can be separated into compartments of a fire-resisting construction. Any openings leading from them will have fire doors to maintain an effective fire barrier which also prevent excessive transmission of products of combustion which can interfere with the safe use of escape routes.
Every fire door is therefore required to act
as a barrier to the passage of smoke and fire to varying degrees
dependent upon its location in a building and the fire hazard
associated with the building.
What are the
specific functions of a fire door?
- There are two specific functions of a fire door:
1. It provides adequate resistance to the passage of smoke and other combustion products during the early stages of a fire.
2. It provides a
barrier to a blazing fire by blocking fire and excessive
quantities of smoke to pass.
What is the
difference between a smoke-stop door and a fire check/fire
- Smoke Stop door – Provides resistance only to the passage of smoke and other combustion products. NOT subject to the full severity of a fire because of their location
Fire Check OR Fire Retardant Door – Requires resistance to the passage of smoke AND also blocks fire by containing it and compartmentalizing it. It has to meet both the requirements of smoke and flame resistance.
At present, fire
doors are specified as smoke-stop doors when required to fulfil
the first function and fire-check and fire-resisting doors to
fulfil the first and the second.
Why FCD’s have
become indispensable in sustainable fire risk management?
- To keep exit route free in case of fire or emergency
- To compartmentalize and
contain the fire and check it from preaching
How to choose the
right fire door?
- Click here
What are the
specifications of Tufwud fire doors?
- Two non combustible asbestos free boards sand witching 25/27 mm thick insulation fire resistant filter mix
- Faced with 4 mm fire retardant ply on both faces and treated hardwood lipping on all sides
- Heat activated intumescent fire seal strips of size 10 x 4 mm for smoke sealing mounted on all sides of the shutter except bottom
- 125 mm heavy duty hinges and a vision glass (fire safe quality) of 300 mm x 200 mm
- Painted with intumescent imported paint.
Why Tufwud Fire Door is unique & trustworthy?
(Click here for more info)
- Light weight but heavy duty for rough & regular use.
- Strongest & best in market.
- Latest technique as per international standard.
- All the components are imported.
- All materials are non-toxin & environment friendly.
- Our fire doors can be painted, polished or
laminated as per customer’s requirement.
What are the
criteria of your fire doors?
All our doors serve three criteria
a) Stability against deformation
b) Integrity-against flame, smoke and heating.
Why should one use
wood fire doors and not metal fire doors?
Problems with metal fire doors:
- Noisy at opening and closing of door.
- Heats up on both sides in case of a fire.
- Operational difficulty and non screw able.
- Non decor able, non laminable and non polish able.
- Glass can not be used as per your requirement.
- Deformation in case of fire heating.
- Cannot be used as
How is your
product economical compared to others?
- Our price is lowest in India because we are directly importing all the components in bulk quantity.